Making Light Wind Riding a Breeze
The Zephyr is a ground breaking kite and without doubt was the first light wind specific kite on the market that delivered both performance and handling.
The Zephyr V4 brings fresh new colours and printing to the very popular 2015 design. New ultra-strong lightweight bladders have been incorporated into the Zephyr V4, reducing weight and improving light wind performance even further with lighter steering and faster turns.
Incorporating elements of the performance dominating Edge V8 along with the ease of previous model Zephyrs to fly and relaunch, the Zephyr V4 has a crisp powerful feeling and a direct positive bar feel, with instant power delivery and superior up-wind performance. It has a very large wind range, which means if the wind picks up you can comfortably stay out on the water.
These attributes make it perfect for cruising, jumping, honing your strapless airs or learning handle passes. The boost is impressive and floaty, with smooth and easy kite loops.
There is no question that the Zephyr V4 will get you out there enjoying whatever aspect of kiting you prefer on the day. If you are looking for an all-round one-kite quiver and often ride in light winds, the Zephyr V4 is the kite for you.
As with all Ozone products, we pride ourselves with top of the line manufacturing in our own factory using the highest quality materials. The Zephyr V4 is constructed with quality proven Teijin D2 canopy material and Teijin Dacron providing a crisp feel and a strong kite.
Range of Use
Design & Performance Features
- 4-line pulley-less system (no pulleys, no problems)
- Huge wind range, 6 – 20 knots (or less with a Light wind specific board)
- Smooth power on demand
- Direct and positive bar feel
- Tight radius turn for great pop and fun
- One-Pump system for quick and easy setup
- High volume inflate/deflate valve
- Color coded and numbered fool proof line connectors
- Exceptional hand checked Ozone factory construction using the highest quality materials
- Teijin TechnoForce D2 canopy material
- Teijin Dacron for the L.E. & Struts
- Internal reinforcements for improved durability with double layer Dacron inside the LE closing seam
- Double stitched bonded seams
- Dacron reinforced tip area for load distribution
- Reinforced leading edge and struts in high stress areas
- Reinforced trailing edge
- Light weight & low profile aerodynamic leading edge scuff pads
- Unique bladder construction with double layer section in wear areas
- Anti line snag tip deflectors
- Ozone warranty and back-up service guaranteed
wind range & bar size
Contact Water Control System
The Contact-Water Control System offers the latest in Release features, a clean control bar design and a simple easy-to-use trimming system.
Push Away Quick Release – The control system features our Megatron push-away quick release with total flag out of the kite. The release handle is ergonomic with positive release forces for quick and easy release. Simple re-assembly saves time and gets you back up and riding faster.
Two Release Modes
- Push Away Quick Release
- Two Release Modes
- Anti-twist Flag Out Line and Spinning Handle
- Auto Positioning Chicken Loop
- Soft Bar Ends with Hide-away Elastic Line Retainers
- Stainless Steel Leader Line Pin
- Low Friction Centre Piece
- PU Covered De-Power Line
- Stainless Steel Trimmer Bracket
- Clamcleat Trimmer
- Bungee Trim Line & Magnetic Handle
- Re-launch Balls
- 500kg/300kg Flying Lines
- Ergonomic EVA Grip
- 38cm, 45cm, 50cm and 55cm Sizes