The professional’s choice for pilot pleasure & passenger comfort.
- The best durability to weight ratio possible
- Elegant handling with incredible yaw/roll balance
- The best flare and landing characteristics we’ve ever felt
- The most pleasurable and cost-effective option for professional pilots
The Magnum 3 is designed for professional tandem pilots. This all new design includes significant upgrades in durability, comfort, and ease, with massive improvements in the areas of launch, landing, and in-flight agility.
The Magnum 3 is a completely new, “ground-up” design. A unique internal structure saves weight and increases lifespan, effectively decreasing the cost of the wing to the professional pilot.
The aspect ratio has not been increased. Because ease of use and passive safety are critical in tandem flying, there have been no compromises in areas of comfort and safety. The Magnum 3’s performance gains are the result of a cleaner leading edge, higher cell count, and optimised line layout (13% drag reduction), all resulting in improved glide ratio and min-sink.
A new internal structure and carefully engineered material combinations have reduced the weight by 700g compared to the Magnum 2, without sacrificing strength. Increasing the lifespan of the wing was a primary design goal – this has greatly reduced the cost-per-flight for professional pilots.
An obvious benefit of reduced sail weight is improved launch behaviour. No-wind inflations - even with the trimmers in the slow position – are incredibly easy. The slow trim setting allows a slower take-off speed in a shorter distance for easier launches, and better overall sink rate and lighter brake pressure for easy flights. In stronger winds the Magnum 3 is simple, the wing inflates smoothly with no sticking points and without the tendency to overshoot.
A new arc and tension straps have vastly improved the handling, making it beautifully balanced in the air. Parasitic roll has been reduced, for an “on rails” feeling on glide. Like all of our latest-gen wings, we focused intently on the perfect combination of roll and yaw response delivered through light and precise brakes.
A powerful and easily accessible flare was a primary focus. There is no special technique required: the Magnum 3 “pops” up in the flare, creating lift and killing forward speed. Even with novice passengers at max load in imperfect conditions, the Mag3’s landing is simple.
- Certified EN B with a wide weight range.
- Trim risers with improved headwind glide, or for use with lighter passengers.
- Choose standard (rigid), soft, or light spreaders.
|In flight weight range**||110-185||130-220|
** For solo use or for 2 persons with spreaders.
- Top Surface Cloth: Dominico 30D MF/ N20D
- Bottom Surface Cloth: DOKDO-204432Fm
- Rib cloth: 70032E4D (32g hard finish)/9017E29 (40g hard finish)
- Upper lines: Edelrid 8000U
- Mid lines: Edelrid 7343
- Lower Lines: Edelrid 7343