2015 Ozone Summit
The Summit is an all out performance snowkite for dedicated and experienced snowkite riders.
The 2015 Summit defines top snowkite performance. With the addition of our new Internal Re-ride Safety System the Summit becomes the most versatile performance kite on the market.
The Summit is for riders with experience and who are looking for a kite to explore the limits of what is possible. The high aspect design, clean sail, depower range, and handling will allow the adventurous to push the boundaries of the sport even further. The Summit has so much potential due to its amazing power generation in light winds but also big depower in strong winds. Combine that with fast direct handling and you have the ultimate combination for progressive riders.
The design of this kite has been maximized to deliver as much performance as possible for backcountry exploring. Each aspect has been calculated using the latest development techniques to produce a kite that pushes the limit of design. With our new software and our years of experience we have put together a unique combination of aspect ratio, cell width, profile and sail tension. We have incorporated technology from our class leading paraglider designs to dramatically improve stability.
The 2015 Summit is also available in an ULTRALIGHT version. This is the same design but produced with high quality ultra light material to reduce weight and packing volume to a minimum.
- High Aspect performance profile with internal strapping to increase stability.
- Performance Arc to improve the speed and glide.
- Enhanced bridle line configuration, less lines reduces the parasitic drag.
- All new Internal Re-Ride Safety System. Looses all power in kite and ready to ride after activating again.
- Brake Stall handle to land and re-launch the kite with ease.
- Exceptional hand checked Ozone factory construction using the highest quality materials.
- Double pulley speed-system, utilising the latest high spec Ronstan Orbit pulleys.
- Velcro openings in the tip to remove debris and snow.
- Unique blow-out-valves on the under surface help prevent damaging the kite if crashed.
- Heavy duty, technical mountain & backcountry rucksack with enough volume to fit 2 kites and day supplies.
Internal Re-Ride Safety System:
The all new Internal Re-Ride Safety System for 2015 is the result of intense research and development with the aim to create the safest system on the market. The goal was to have a re-ride system that once activated the kite can easily be re-launched without having to untangle or clear any lines. The new system stalls the kite with an internal line – the kite depowers instantly without tangling and will sit on the ground ready to re-launch when you’re ready again.
Another big advantage of our Internal Re-Ride Safety System is the landing and secure option. We have added the Secure Loop in the line approx 2m away from the rider. To land the kite with no pull simply pull the 5th line through the chicken loop until you reach the Secure Loop. The kite will stall and fall to the ground without any pull. Use the Secure Loop in the 5th line to keep the kite on the ground - it can either be hooked onto a carabineer on your harness or onto the bar horn. This makes landing and packing your kite safe and easy even in high winds.
We thoroughly enjoyed developing and testing the Internal Re-Ride Safety System throughout the last season. It has made mountain climbing and packing on top so much more enjoyable, safe, easy and quick for the user.
Please note, the new Internal Re-Ride Safety System cannot be upgraded to any older kites as it includes lines that are running inside your kite. Also, for reverse launch and light wind landing we have kept the Brake Stall Handle between the back leader lines.
Watch the video!
2015 Ozone Summit Complete